If you have a passion for mangoes, tomatoes, and basil to make this recipe during the summer. It is delightfully easy to make, delicious and healthy! The recipe uses a tasty Japanese-style “Italian” dressing, so that should confuse people nicely. You can also use this dressing with any other vegetables to make a unique salad. Try it out, you’ll be so glad you did!
Ingredients for Single Servings
- 1 serving dried spaghetti or macaroni (75 grams)
- water to cook pasta
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 manila mango, cut into pieces
- 2 cherry tomatoes, cut in half, or a small tomato, cut into pieces
- some fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- /some shredded mozzarella cheese
- some Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Japanese rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp tsuyu no moto*
- 1 pinch grated garlic or garlic powder
- black pepper
1 tsp oregano* You can also use 1/2 tbsp of Japanese soy sauce and a pinch of instant dashi powder if you don’t have tsuyu no moto.
How to Cooking!
- Whisk the dressing well.
- Add mango, tomato, and basil to the dressing, mix well.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a pot. Add salt and oil. Add spaghetti, submerge under water. Bring to a boil, then boil until soft (or al dente if you prefer).
- Drain spaghetti and rinse until cold. Drain, then mix with the dressing, tomatoes, mango, and basil.
- Serve on a plate and top with cheese. Enjoy!