A hearty weeknight meal that will warm the cockles of your heart!
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 8 small bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 punnet of grape tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed
- fresh thyme leaves,
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
The Cooking Directions
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook, in batches, skin side down until skin is browned and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a plate; reserve skillet.
- Add onion and garlic to reserved skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in paprika and cumin and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes and the chickpeas and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken into the mixture, skin side up.
- Roast in oven until the internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh thyme leaves and a bowl of yogurt alongside.