(Deep-Fried Beancurd Stuffed with Minced Pork)
Makes 10 servings
- 20 pcs : firm beancurd
- 1kg : pork, minced
- 60g : garlic, peeled, chopped
- 10g : white peppercorns, freshly grounded
- 40g : Chicken Bouillon
- 1 ltr : Corn Oil , for frying
- 700ml : Chicken Dipping Sauce
- 200g : peanuts, roasted, grounded
- 50g : coriander leaves (Chinese parsley), chopped
1. Cut the beancurd diagonally into half and slit the longer side for stuffing.
2. Mix the minced pork with chopped garlic, white pepper and Chicken Bouillon and mix well. Stuff a tablespoon of the mixture into the beancurd.
3. Heat Corn Oil in a pot or deep-fryer at 180C.
4. Add the stuffed beancurd into the pre-heated oil and deep-fry until golden brown.
5. Remove and place on paper towels. Keep warm.
6. Combine the Chicken Dipping Sauce with grounded peanuts and chopped coriander leaves.
7. Pour it on serving saucers and serve it with the deep-fried stuffed beancurd.
8. Serve hot.
Recipe by Jaturon Sunyapong & Kurt Pozzato