This recipe is traditionally made in a clay pot, but any pot may be used.
- 2 cups Fish or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Shallots slice thin
- Fish sauce to taste
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Garlic slice thin
- 1 tbsp Lemon grass slice thin diagonally
- 1 tsp Chili paste
- 2 Lime leaves (Kaffir)
- 6 oz. Rock cod or any firm white fish cut into 6 pieces
- 6 Mussels cleaned and debearded
- 6 Prawns shelled and de-veined
- 6 Scallops
- 2 Squid cleaned
- 2 Snow crab legs
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
Slice the squid tubes into 1 inch rings. Chop crab legs into 3 pieces each.
Bring stock, shallots, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, lemon grass, chili paste and lime leaves to a boil.
Add cod pieces and mussels. Cover and boil over medium heat for three minutes, or until mussels open and meat starts to pull away from the shell.
Add the scallops and crab legs. cover and boil for another 30 seconds.
Add the prawns and squid. Remove from heat and stir to mix.
Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Yield – 6 pieces of each type of seafood