(Gai Pad Nam Tua)
- 1 lb Chicken breasts 1/2″ x 1/2″ strips
- 1/4 cup Green onions chop coarse
- 2 tbsp Curry powder/paste (Thai Red)
- 1 tbsp Garlic chop fine
- 1 tbsp Ginger chop fine
- 1 tbsp Lemon grass chop fine
- 1 tbsp Galangal chop fine
- 1 tsp Chili paste
- Peanut oil
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Roasted peanuts crushed
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Palm sugar
- 2 cups Snow peas or Brocolli florets
Cut chicken into strips
Mix green onions, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, galangal, curry powder and chili paste. Add chicken and toss to coat. Set aside for 20 minutes.
If using brocolli, blanch 2 minutes.
Heat wok. Add peanut oil, chicken mixture. Stir fry 3 minutes until chicken loses pink color.
Add coconut milk, peanut butter, crushed peanuts, fish sauce and palm sugar. Cook 3 minutes until sauce begins to thicken.
If using snow peas, add and simmer until color changes.
If using brocolli, add and simmer until heated through.
Serve over rice.
Yield – 4 cups