- Minced / ground chicken – 2 lbs
- Green onion (sliced) 1/2 cup
- Red onion cut in thin wedges 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves (shreded) 1/2 cup
- Fish sauce to taste
- Lemon juice – 4 table spoons
- Ground toasted rice – 1 cup
- Green pepper (sliced) 1 tea spoon
- Stir-fry the chicken in a hot pan until it is quite done. Leave it cool down.
- Mix the chicken with fish sauce and then add lemon juice.
- Add green onion, red onion, pepper, and mint leaves.
- Add fish sauce or lemon juice to taste.
- Add the roasted rice powder.
- Taste it one more time and add ingredients until it tastes right.
- Eat with rice or sticky rice, plus some crunchy vegetable like lettuce or napa.
To prepare the ground toasted rice:
– first of all heated a pan and put in one cup of rice, stir it back and forth until it is getting brown.
– use a coffee grinder to grind it – some like it fine while others may like it rough because it adds texture to your laab.
If you cannot find green pepper, use the dried one but you have to roast it first and then grind it.
The laab should have a combination of sourness, saltiness, and spiciness, but never add sugar!