(Gaeng Keow Waan Muu)
- Peanut oil
- 1/4 cup Shallots chopped fine
- 1 tbsp Garlic chopped fine
- 1 tbsp Galangal chopped fine
- 1 tbsp Lemon Grass chopped fine
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves chop fine
- 1-1/2 lb Pork cut into 1″ cubes
- 1-1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Curry paste (Thai Green)
- 1 tbsp Lime zest
- 1 tbsp Lime leaves shredded
- 2 tbsp Thai basil shredded
- Fish sauce to taste
- 1 tsp Chili paste (green)
- 2 cups Peas
First, prepare the curry paste and coconut milk seperately. Add the paste with some of the ‘cream’ form the coconut milk and heat until the oil starts to separate. Then, in a separate pan, heat peanut oil, shallots, garlic, galangal and lemon grass. Stir fry1 minute until oil is aromatic.
Add pork, stir fry 3 minutes until browned and add the curry paste/coconut milk mixture.
Add the rest of the coconut milk, coriander leaves, lime zest, lime leaves, basil, fish sauce and chili paste, bring to a boil, and reduce heat. Simmer 20 minutes until pork is tender.
Add peas, simmer 5 minutes until tender.
Yield – 4 cups