Khao Neow Sod Sai Gai
- 1lb chicken breast, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 10 oz cooked sticky rice
fish sauce – nam pla, sugar, leaf lettuce, tomatoes, fresh Thai chilli peppers, and pineapple for serving.
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the chicken, egg, tapioca flour and all the seasoning ingredients with spring onions and corianders except the sticky rice,
2. form into 1/2 inch balls in diameter.
3. Surround each ball with a layer of sticky rice.
4. Line the steamer layer with lettuce, cabbage or other seasonal green leaves,
5. rub thoroughly with the cooking oil .
6. Place the balls on the leaves, spacing well apart about 1-2 inches to prevent them from sticking to each other
. 7. Steam over vigorously boiling water for about 20 minutes until cooked. Remove.
For serving, arrange on a serving plate together with assorted fresh vegetables and a chili sauce. Serve immediately