Tom Kha Kai
- 2 Tablespoons Siamese ginger, sliced
- 1 stalk lemon grass, cut into, 1″ pieces
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons hot pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 3 – 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 1/2 cups chicken breast, slices
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 green onions, cut into 1″ pieces
Using a medium – sized pot, add coconut milk and place over medium heat. Add Siamese ginger, lemon grass Kaffir limeleaves. Cook 1 – 2 minutes.
Add the chicken meat and bamboo shoots. Bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
Pour in fish sauce and green onions. Remove from heat. Stir in chopped hot peppers, lime juice, and mint leaves.
Serve hot with steamed Jasmine rice. Recipe from: The Carnival Restaurant in Chiang Mai